In addition to our competitive compensation package, Wills Eye Hospital’s benefits program is both comprehensive and cost-effective. Our employees are offered an array of benefits that include health and dental insurance, vision care, prescription drug coverage, and a variety of wellness benefits.
Additional enrollment information and specifics will be provided to prospective employees during their onboarding.
Wills Eye Hospital offers two Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) plans administered by Independence Administrators.
Prescription drug coverage is included under the medical plan.
Wills Eye Hospital offers dental insurance through Delta Dental of Pennsylvania.
Employees and their dependents are eligible for a free annual eye care exam at our Cataract and Primary Eye Care Department (CPEC).
Employees are also eligible to receive partial reimbursement towards the purchase of contact lenses and prescription eyeglasses.
Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in long term disability insurance. This monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered monthly earnings with an elimination period of 90 days. Life Insurance: Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage available based upon position.
Retirement - 403(b) Plan
Employees have the option of having their retirement savings account administered by either The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (VALIC) or MassMutual.
Reduced taxable income through pretax contributions.
Tuition assistance is available to all regular full-time employees after three months of employment. Reimbursement is provided to employees for courses which are work-related or used within the organization.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in flexible spending accounts for the following:
- Dependent Care
- Medical Spending
- Contributions are tax deferred and participants receive debit card to pay for eligible expenses.
Short term disability, supplemental life insurance, cancer policies, and health/wellness programs are available through employee payroll deductions administered by American Heritage Life or Colonial Life Insurance.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees and their household members are eligible to receive three free grief counseling sessions per episode or condition.
Full-time and part-time employees are entitled to six legal holidays that include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Paid & Un-paid Leave
- Determined by job classification
- Accrue from date of hire
- New employees eligible to take accrued vacation after 90-day probationary period
- Part-time employees scheduled to work at least 40 hours biweekly shall earn prorated vacation benefits
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employees eligible after 12 months and 1,250 hours worked
- Intermittent and reduced work schedule leave also available
- Accrues one (1) day per month or up to 12 days per year
- Employees eligible to utilize accrued sick time after 90-day probationary period
- Accumulate up to a maximum of 60 days
- Part-time employees earn pro-rated sick leave based on number of hours regularly scheduled
- Full-time employees granted up to three (3) consecutive days leave with pay
- Part-time employees granted up to two (2) consecutive days leave with pay
- Regular pay for scheduled work hours missed
- Full-time and part-time employees eligible to schedule 3 personal days after 90-day probationary period
- Prorated for part-time employees