Areas of Interest
- Ocular surface disease
- Pediatric corneal disease
- Corneal infections
- Cataract surgery and management of complications
- Corneal transplantation (PK, DSEK, DMEK)
- Refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK)
- Excimer laser PTK
- Keratoconus and collagen crosslinking
- Fuchs dystrophy and other corneal dystrophies
Zeba A. Syed, MD is a fellowship-trained ophthalmologist who specializes in cornea, cataract, and refractive surgery. She serves as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
After graduating summa cum laude from Harvard College, Dr. Syed went on to graduate from Harvard Medical School. She completed her ophthalmology residency at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston, MA. After residency, Dr. Syed completed a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, FL.
Dr. Syed is the author of numerous book chapters and articles in the peer-reviewed literature. Among her many awards, Dr. Syed has been honored as a Heed Foundation Fellow and received the Resident Excellence Award by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
- Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute – Cornea – 2018
- Residency: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary – 2017
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School-2013
- Undergraduate: Harvard University – 2009
Honors and Awards
Best Resident Research Award in Cornea and Refractive Surgery awarded by the Harvard Medical School Department of Ophthalmology; Heed Foundation Fellow - 2017; Resident Excellence Award awarded by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS); John D. Bullock Ophthalmology Award awarded by Harvard Medical School