Areas of Interest
· Cataract Surgery, premium and standard
· Refractive Surgery
· Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery
Michael Fung, MD is a board certified ophthalmologist with sub-specialty training in refractive surgery and cornea/external disease. He has expertise in premium cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, micro-invasive glaucoma surgery, refractive surgery, and corneal disease.
Dr. Fung received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia. Following his residency, Dr. Fung completed a fellowship in Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Fung is an active member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the Cornea Society, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology – where he serves on the Corneal Knowledge Base Panel. Dr. Fung is also active in teaching, overseeing residents and medical students. He also participates in content creation and testing of future ophthalmologists with the American Board of Ophthalmology.
American Board of Ophthalmology
Clinical Instructor, Sidney Kimmel College of Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University
- Fellowship: University of Minnesota, Refractive Surgery and Cornea/External Disease – 2008
- Residency: Medical College of Virgini – 2007
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University – 2003
- Undergraduate: Penn State University – 1999