Jonathan S. Myers, MD
Chief, Glaucoma ServiceSubspecialty: Glaucoma
Areas of Interest
- Medical and surgical management of glaucoma
- Clinical research into the causes of and novel treatments for glaucoma
Jonathan S. Myers, MD, a board-certified ophthalmologist, is Chief of the Wills Eye Glaucoma Service. His central tenet is that each patient should determine, with the help of their physician, what is in their best interest among the available treatments.
A respected lecturer on glaucoma diagnosis and management, Dr. Myers has published extensively in the field and is active in clinical research, having participated in numerous surgical trials and multi-center studies of glaucoma. Key areas of interest are new surgical techniques and visual field testing.
Dr. Myers is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at Thomas Jefferson University's Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
American Board of Ophthalmology – 1997
Full Professor, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Fellowship: Duke University Eye Center – 1997
- Residency: Wills Eye Hospital – 1996
- Medical School: University of Pennsylvania – 1992
- Undergraduate: Princeton University – 1988
Honors and Awards
Philadelphia magazine “Top Doctors” 2010-2020; Castle Connolly “America’s Top Doctors” 2014-2020
To search for journal publications by this doctor, visit the National Library of Medicine