Areas of Interest
- Cataract surgery
- Corneal transplantation (PKP, DSEK)
- Diseases of the cornea and ocular surface
- Fuchs dystrophy
- Refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK)
Dr. Halfpenny provides comprehensive surgical and medical care from youth to the elderly. She also enjoys teaching the next generation of physicians and ophthalmologists. She attended both undergraduate and medical school at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. She completed her residency in ophthalmology at Wills Eye Hospital, chosen to serve as Chief Resident in her final year. She then completed a unique fellowship in Cornea, External disease and Refractive Surgery together with Uveitis at The FI Proctor Foundation/UCSF. She has been an active staff member of Wills Eye since 2009.
In addition to being an active clinical and surgical instructor at Wills Eye, she serves as a mentor to recent medical school graduates from Georgetown as well as being a surgical mentor to a senior Wills Eye resident.
American Board of Ophthalmology – 2006
Assistant Professor, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco, F.I. Proctor Foundation – 2006
- Residency: Wills Eye Institute – 2005
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine – 2001
- Undergraduate: Georgetown University – 1997
To search for journal publications by this doctor, visit the National Library of Medicine