Dear Wills Eye Patient:
Wills Eye Surgical Network is delighted now to resume elective surgery that was suspended during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented many safety measures throughout our facilities under the guidance and recommendations of our federal, state, and local governments. These efforts are designed to assure the highest level of safety and care for our patients and our Wills Eye team.
To that end, please note the following guidelines and protocol that will take place before and on the day of surgery.
- You will be called multiple times before your surgery. The day before your surgery you will be called with a time to arrive at the Surgery Center. Please do your very best to be on time. This is very important to keep your experience optimized and the hospital care as efficient as possible.
- You and your guest are invited to bring your own mask. Cloth is acceptable. If you do not have a cloth mask, we will gladly provide both of you a mask.
- Once at the Wills Eye Surgery Center building entrance, you will be greeted by one of our Wills team members. You and your guest will have your temperature checked and masks checked or provided. We will review a few important questions and ask you to provide a cell phone number for you and your guest.
- We are following the governmental regulations and recommendations related social distancing. We are asking everyone to be separated by no less than 6 feet of distance. This practice is extremely important and will limit the number of people in our waiting room and lobby. You and your guest may be requested to wait in the car as we prepare to take meticulous care of you during your very important surgery. We will strive to keep the wait time as brief as possible.
- The cell phone numbers that are provided are very important. Telephone calls and texts will be one of the primary ways the Wills team will communicate with your guest throughout your stay with us.
- Before the day of Surgery Phone Calls
- A Wills Eye team member will call you to collect key information so that we can pre-register you prior to surgery. This process will decrease your wait time and the entire time you are with us.
- The team member will ask you for all your vital information, name, date of birth, driver’s license, address and so on. Please have your driver’s license available.
- The team member will then ask you about your current active health insurance information. It will include both your primary and secondary insurances. Please have your insurance cards available.
- The team member will discuss with you any copay and deductibles amounts that may be due and how we can process them for you. This process will reduce your time and increase the efficiency of your stay at the hospital.
Our goal is to make your planned surgery proceed smoothly without a need for delay or cancellation.
If you have and questions about your upcoming care, please contact the appropriate Wills Eye Surgery Center listed on this page.
We look forward to providing you the outstanding surgical care at Wills Eye Surgical Network. Thank you for the confidence, understanding and partnership in safety and excellent health.
The Wills Eye Team
Wills Eye Surgery Centers