10 WILLS EYE HOSPITAL PHYSICIANS MAKE THE “40 UNDER 40” LIST
Ophthalmology Management list highlights the next generation of future leaders in ophthalmology
PHILADELPHIA, October 4, 2022 – Ten Wills Eye Hospital physicians were recognized for their talent and bright futures through inclusion on the “40 Under 40” list by Ophthalmology Management, a business publication reporting on practice management, clinical advancement, and medical economics in ophthalmology.
The Wills Eye physicians on the “40 Under 40” list are:
- Blair Armstrong, MD – attending physician
- Ayan Chatterjee, MD, MSEd – attending physician, Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service
- Michael N. Cohen, MD – attending physician, Retina Service
- Brenton D. Finklea, MD - director, Wills Eye Center for Academic Global Ophthalmology; attending physician, Cornea Service
- Nadia Haqqie, MD – co-director, Wills Eye Emergency Department; attending physician, Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service
- Alessandra Intili, MD – attending physician, Cataract and Primary Eye Care Service
- Ajay Kuriyan, MD – attending physician, Retina Service
- Beeran Meghpara, MD – co-director, Wills Eye Refractive Surgery; attending physician, Cornea Service
- Sathyadeepak (Deepak) Ramesh, MD – attending physician, Oculoplastics and Orbital Surgery Service
- Zeba Syed, MD - co-director, Cornea Fellowship Program; attending physician, Cornea Service
Ophthalmology Management’s “40 Under 40” list highlights the next generation of ophthalmologists based on nominations by readers of the publication. Selected physicians are ones who have demonstrated a significant impact on their field and are seen as future leaders in the profession.
“This remarkable group of physicians reflects our commitment to training and recruiting the brightest stars to Wills Eye Hospital,” said Julia A. Haller, MD, Ophthalmologist-in-Chief, Wills Eye Hospital. “I have no doubt that they will continue to blaze a trail in our organization and the ophthalmology profession. Congratulations to all the physicians included on this year’s “40 under 40” list.”
Wills Eye Hospital alumni who made the list include Basil Williams, Cherie Fathy, Priya Vakharia, Cristos Ifantides, David Lally, and Jayanth Sridhar. Physicians with ties to Wills Eye made up 40 percent of the 2022 “40 Under 40” list.
“The strong representation of past and present Wills Eye physicians on the Ophthalmology Management list is a testament to the world-class training and recruitment efforts throughout our institution,” said Joseph P. Bilson, Chief Executive Officer at Wills Eye. “The ophthalmology industry is in great hands with this next generation of talented leaders and innovators.”
To view the full Ophthalmology Management “40 Under 40” list, please visit https://www.ophthalmologymanagement.com/issues/2022/october-2022/ophthalmology-management-40-under-40.
About Wills Eye Hospital:
Established in 1832 as the nation's first hospital specializing in eye care, Wills Eye Hospital is a global leader in ophthalmology. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Wills Eye as one of America's top ophthalmology hospitals since the survey began. Wills Eye has the most nationally ranked ophthalmologists in the country and is one of the top academic residency training programs in the USA, as voted by physicians. Wills Eye’s resident and sub-specialty training programs are among the most competitive in the country. The Vickie and Jack Farber Vision Research Center at Wills harnesses the core strengths of Wills, the close connection between innovative research and advanced patient care, to discover therapeutic breakthroughs. Wills provides the full range of primary and subspecialty eye care for improving and preserving sight, including comprehensive ophthalmology, cataract, cornea, retina, emergency care, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, ocular oncology, oculoplastics, pathology, pediatric ophthalmology and ocular genetics, and refractive surgery. Ocular Services include the Wills Laser Correction Center and Diagnostic Center. Its 24/7 Emergency Service is the only one of its kind in the region. Wills Eye also has a network of seven multi-specialty, ambulatory surgery centers throughout the tristate area.
CONTACT: London Faust