Wills Eye Emergency Room
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If this is a Medical Emergency, Call 911 Immediately.
Seek emergency care if you believe your eyesight is in jeopardy, if you are in severe pain, or if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Sudden vision loss
- Pain in or around the eye redness accompanied by pain in the eye
- Halos (colored circles around lights)
- New floaters (spots, strings, cobwebs, or shadows before the eyes)
- Bulging of the eye or swelling of eye tissues
- Flashes or streaks of light
- Double vision
- Sudden crossed, turned or "wandering" eye
- discharge, crusting or excessive tearing
- Eyelids stuck together, especially upon awakening
- Sudden blurring of vision that persists
Telephone: (215) 503-8080
Fax: (215) 503-8088
Physician-only Patient Referral:
Wills Eye Emergency Department
900 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(Entrance is on 9th Street through Jefferson Hospital for Neurosciences)
Wills Eye Emergency Department map and directions.